BAC StrikemasterThe BAC Strikemaster aircraft is build by BAE Systems.
The BAC 167 Strikemaster is a British jet-powered training aircraft. It was a development of the Hunting Percival Aircraft Company Jet Provost T1 trainer project in 1955.
The BAC 167 Strikemaster is essentially an armed version of the Jet Provost T5. The Strikemaster was modified with an up-rated engine, wing hardpoints, a strengthened airframe, new communication and navigation gear, up-rated ejection seats, a revised fuel system, pressureised cabin and shortened landing gear. It was first flown in 1967.
BAC Strikemaster Variants:
- Strikemaster Mk 80 : Export version for Saudi Arabia, 25 aircraft.
- Strikemaster Mk 80A: 20 aircraft were sold to Saudi Arabia as part of a follow-up order.
- Strikemaster Mk 81 : Export version for South Yemen, four aircraft.
- Strikemaster Mk 82 : Export version for Oman, 12 aircraft.
- Strikemaster Mk 82A : 12 aircraft were sold to Oman as part of a follow-up order.
- Strikemaster Mk 83 : Export version for Kuwait, 12 aircraft.
- Strikemaster Mk 84 : Export version for Singapore, 16 aircraft.
- Strikemaster Mk 87 : Export version for Kenya, six aircraft.
- Strikemaster Mk 88 : Export version for New Zealand, 16 aircraft.
- Strikemaster Mk 89 : Export version for Ecuador, 22 aircraft.
- Strikemaster Mk 89A : A number of aircraft were sold to Ecuador as part of a follow-up order.
- Strikemaster Mk 90 : Export version for Sudan. The last Strikemaster was delivered to Sudan in 1984.
BAC Strikemaster has a seating capacity of 2, Pilot,Co-Pilot.
BAC Strikemaster has an overall length of 10.3 meters (33.7_ft). It has a wing span of 11.2 meters (36.6_ft). The overall height of 3.34 meters (10.9_ft). The overall weight of an empty aircraft is about 2810 kilograms (6,182.0_lbs). And it has a maximum take-off weight of about 5215 kilograms (11,473.0_lbs). BAC Strikemaster can reach a maximum speed of about 774 km/hr (418.0_knots, 481.0_mph). And the BAC Strikemaster has a maximum crusing range of about 2224 kilometers (1,381.9_miles, 1,200.9_nautical miles). Aircraft can reach a service height of about 12200 meters (39,894.0_ft).
The jet engine powered BAC Strikemaster uses 1, Rolls-Royce Viper Mk.535. It can deliver a total thrust of approximately 15.2 kilo newtons (3,390.8_lbf).
Updated On: 18.10.15