Avro RJ85The Avro RJ85 aircraft is build by BAE Systems.
British Aerospace 146 (also BAe 146) is a regional airliner formerly manufactured in the United Kingdom by British Aerospace, later part of BAE Systems.
Avro RJ85 was introduced into active service in 1983. It was finally retired from active service in 2001. Avro RJ85 has a seating capacity of 114.
Avro RJ85 has an overall length of 28.6 meters (93.5_ft). It has a wing span of 26.21 meters (85.7_ft). The overall height of 8.59 meters (28.1_ft). The wing area of Avro RJ85 is of about 77.3 sq.meters (832.0_sq.ft.). The overall weight of an empty aircraft is about 23897 kilograms (52,573.4_lbs). And it has a maximum take-off weight of about 42184 kilograms (92,804.8_lbs). Avro RJ85 can reach a maximum speed of about 498 km/hr (268.9_knots, 309.5_mph). And the Avro RJ85 has a maximum crusing range of about 2909 kilometers (1,807.6_miles, 1,570.7_nautical miles). Aircraft can reach a service height of about 12000 meters (39,240.0_ft).
The turbofan engine powered Avro RJ85 uses 4, Textron Lycoming ALF 502R-5 turbofans. It can deliver a total thrust of approximately 124 kilo newtons (27,661.5_lbf).
The Avro RJ85 is operated by the following airlines:
- Air Baltic Corporation [BT].
- Air France [AF].
- Alitalia - Compagnia Aerea Italiana S [AZ].
- Atlantic Airways Faroe Islands [RC].
- Brussels Airlines [SN].
- Eznis Airways [EF].
- Flybe [BE].
- Lufthansa German Airlines [LH].
- Malmo Aviation [TF].
- South African Airways [SA].
- SWISS [LX].
- Uzbekistan Airways [HY].
The Avro RJ85 can be seen landing at the these airports:
- Amsterdam Airport Schiphol in Netherlands.
- Ashgabat Airport in Turkmenistan.
- Astana International Airport in Kazakhstan.
- Berlin-Tegel International Airport in Germany.
- Billund Airport in Denmark.
- Bologna - Borgo Panigale Airport in Italy.
- Bremen Airport in Germany.
- Brive-La Roche Airport in France.
- Brussels Airport in Belgium.
- Budapest Listz Ferenc Internationall Airport in Hungary.
- Cape Town International Airport in South Africa.
- Charles de Gaulle International Airport in France.
- Chinggis Khaan International Airport, Ulaanbaatar in Mongolia.
- Copenhagen Kastrup Airport in Denmark.
- Dublin Airport in Ireland.
- Edinburgh Airport in United Kingdom.
- Firenze - Peretola Airport in Italy.
- Geneva Cointrin International Airport in Switzerland.
- Gothenburg-Landvetter Airport in Sweden.
- Heydar Aliyev International Airport in Azerbaijan.
- Hyeres Airport in France.
- Joshua Mqabuko Nkomo International Airport in Zimbabwe.
- Khovd Airport in Mongolia.
- Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport in South Africa.
- Linate Airport in Italy.
- London City Airport in United Kingdom.
- London Heathrow Airport in United Kingdom.
- London Stansted Airport in United Kingdom.
- Lviv International Airport in Ukraine.
- Lyon St-Exupery Airport in France.
- Malmo Sturup Airport in Sweden.
- Malpensa International Airport in Italy.
- Manas International Airport in Kyrgyzstan.
- Marseille Provence Airport in France.
- Munich-Reim Airport in Germany.
- Ndola Airport in Zambia.
- Newcastle Airport in United Kingdom.
- OR Tambo International Airport in South Africa.
- Oslo Gardermoen Airport in Norway.
- Pau Airport in France.
- Reykjavik Airport in Iceland.
- Stockholm-Bromma Airport in Sweden.
- Tashkent International Airport in Uzbekistan.
- Toulouse-Blagnac Airport in France.
- Ulaangom Airport in Mongolia.
- Ulgii Mongolia Airport in Mongolia.
- Vagar Airport in Faroe Islands.
- Vilnius International Airport in Lithuania.
- Zurich Airport in Switzerland.
Updated On: 12.06.01